- We have coordinators assigned to each event in Marley Park. We need volunteers to assist them with the kids through each event.
- In the car park we have an overall coordinator again it is to assist that person through the afternoon.
- We have two adults assigned to take the money for the burgers. We need to give them a rest at some stage, would be great to get a couple of volunteers for this.
- Selling tickets for the raffle, helping with the tea/coffee and soft drinks stall.
Congratulations to Coláiste Íosagáin who are through to the All Ireland Camogie Final on Saturday 4th March against St Josephs Rochfortbridge, venue tbc. Ballinteer St Johns have 11 girls on the team who beat the Limerick Champions 3-11 to 3-3 to make the finals. Best wishes in the final from Ballinteer St Johns to the players, team, mentors and parents.
A big thank you to everyone who helped out today at the Kids Santa Event. We had upwards of 400 kids visit Santa and have some great fun and games in the club afterwards. The raffle was hugely supported and the winners were:
1st: The huge Teddy won by Kate McCarthy
2nd: George the Gorilla won by Padraic Kiernan
3rd: Dolly the Unicorn won by Eva Sutton
4th: Daisy the Unicorn won by Sarah Fortune
Prizes can be collected from the club any evening after 7pm.
The GAA National Club Draw kicks in to play this time of year. This is a great opportunity to win some superb prizes and at the same time help with getting significant funding in to Ballinteer St Johns from this GAA Funded draw. Details of the draw can be found here and the prizes here. Information on how to get the tickets is outlined below.
- Opportunity for BSJ to raise significant money from this GAA funded draw.
- All funds raised will be retained by our Club.
- Great prizes including a new Opel Corsa, a Trip with the 2017 All-Stars, a travel voucher to the value of €1,500, All-Ireland Hurling & Football Final Corporate Package 2017 and a shopping voucher to the value of €1,000 at a retailer of your choice.
- Draw takes place on Wednesday 8th March 2017
- See www.gaa.ie/nationalclubdraw
- Tickets €10/each please contact your team mentor or Niall on 087-2460286
For those of you who were unable to attend the AGM or didn’t get your hands on a copy of the yearbook you can view it by clicking this link.
Over the weekend there are a number of underage BSJ teams playing in League Final matches. The Under 13 Camogie team are in League Final vs St Maurs in Rush on Saturday at 11am. Also on Saturday the Under 14 Hurlers play League Final vs Skerries at 14-30pm on Ballinteer AWP. Then on Sunday our Minor Hurlers are in the League Final vs Parnells in O’Toole Park at 12-30pm. On behalf of everyone in the club we wish the players, mentors and families the very best of luck. BSJ All The Way.
The annual Club Mass for Deceased Members will be held in the clubhouse next Thursday 10th November at 7-30pm. Please let other members, family and friends know.
Marlay Park was a fitting stage last Sunday for the finale of the U8 and U9 LGFA go games series. Close to 150 8 & 9 year old girls took part in the blitz hosted by BSJ on behalf of the County Board. Visiting clubs included St. Marys Saggart, St Judes and Thomas Davis.
Big thanks must go to all the co-ordinators, mentors and helpers behind the scenes for their efforts in making this event such a success. In particular the parents contribution of delicious food and refreshments was hugely appreciated by the girls, mentors and visiting clubs. The mentors would also like to pay a special thanks to Kieran Brennan and Eamonn Coleman for staying calm when this whirlwind of girls hit the clubhouse.
Come out and support our Camogie Teams this weekend in their championship matches. First up on Saturday afternoon are the Under 16s who take on Faughs in the A Championship Final at 4-30pm in O’Toole Park. Then on Sunday the Under 13s are in the Championship Final against Cuala in Russell Park at 2-45pm. Best of luck to both teams and their mentors. BSJ All The Way.